Ziveli is an Earth-conscious lifestyle product brand that promotes sustainable living. All bags and baskets are crafted in rural India by marginalised communities using only natural fibres.
Their products are handmade using indigenous techniques that have been passed down through the generations. They abstain from mass-production and instead work with grassroots cooperatives and artisans.
Each of their bags are meticulously handcrafted for days by artisans, many of whom learnt to weave and sew from their mothers.
5 facts you need to know about Ziveli
1. They use 100% natural plant fibres in their handbag and home decor collection.
2. They use innovative and sustainable materials like Vegan leather made from coconut waste, unbleached cotton, Jute, Sabai grass, and of course, Kauna reed.
3. These fibres are biodegradable and sourced locally from farmers and cooperatives, thereby greatly reducing their carbon footprint.
4. All Ziveli products are handmade curtailing the use of machinery and energy consumption.
5. Ziveli links over 200 rural artisans to modern urban markets, thereby creating a base for skilled, sustainable rural employment, and preserving India’s traditional handicrafts in the process.